25 March 2010

Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty



This campaign is one of my biggest inspirations in basing my research project on body image. They'e done so much, from commercials and online videos to magazine advertisements, to get images of realistic, beautiful women out there. This picture is from their website. I really like it because it's not showing "skinny" women and "fat" women, but those with inbetween bodies that most of us have. I like that they all look happy and confident. If images like this were in magazines, I think we'd all be happier with ourselves. If you look in a magazine now, you see a lot of waifish, depressed looking women advertising expensive clothes no one can afford. Hopefully one day, this Dove campaign will help to change that! THIS is their official website.


Here's one more more inspiring picture :)


No comments:

Post a Comment