30 March 2010

Eating Disorder Art

EDIT: You'll have to click on the individual images to see them full size.

Even though anorexia and bulimia are tragic, the art produced by those who suffer from them is always so inspiring. These are some that I found on DeviantArt.


Title: Anorexia. LINK TO THE ARTIST
I like that. This should be an advertisement in a magazine or something, or a billboard.
Title: Anorexia. LINK TO THE ARTIST

Possibly one of the most powerful ones I've seen. Title: ANOREXIA. LINK TO THE ARTIST

I LOVE this. This makes a statement about the media using pieces of the media itself.
TITLE: Barbie Anorexia. LINK TO THE ARTIST


I'm so happy to have found this. This lady uploaded this photo of herself and describes it as a glamour shot of her own curves. There is no photoshopping of her body or skin. We all need confidence like that.
TITLE: Body Confidence. LINK TO THE ARTIST


According to the artist, this wasn't meant to be a statement about body image. But I like it anyway.
TITLE: Body Image. LINK TO THE ARTIST

DeviantArt.com has so many examples of great art dealing with this subject. Tomorrow I'll focus on the strange pro-anorexia movement and I'll post more pictures having to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment