21 April 2010

Shocking Quotes

These are a few quotes made by various fashion designers, modeling agents etc. that shock me. They exemplify the dangerous nature of the media as it concerns body image.


Karl Lagerfeld, fashion designer: "On the runways, yes, we have to see the clothing, so a girl no wider than a coat hanger is preferred..."



Kate Moss, model: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."



Janice Dickinson, former model and current modeling agent: "As the saying goes, I want to be the best-looking corpse there is."



Adriana Lima, supermodel: "If one day I have a daughter and my daughter wants to be a model, I would never let her!" "When I get older, I don't think I'll like to have wrinkles, or a big jelly belly. I cannot have it."




Angelina Jolie, actress: "I don't see myself as beautiful, because I can see a lot of flaws. People have really odd opinions. They tell me I'm skinny, as if that's supposed to make me happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment