21 April 2010

Survey

I didn't get to do the survey, I was busy catching up in my classes where I've been working on this thing. But I did ask a few of my friends to fill it out and talk to me about it, and the results were just what I figured they'd be.

One of my friends told me that ahw never watched tv anymore because her mom kept the channel on E! which constantly harps on about celebrities, and it was harmful to see how "beautiful" they all looked. She said that it was mostly seeing their muscular arms in strapless dressses that made her feel bad, especially since hers looked "less than perfect" according to her, in her prom dress.

Another thing that was interesting was that most of the girls told me that seeing other girls at school hurt their self esteem more than seeing celebrities did.

One thing every single girl agreed on was that their bodies were NOT good enough. Noone has perfect self esteem.

It really is sad. I know these results aren't as specific or organized as they would be if I'd done the survey, but the outcome is the same. I gave them all the link to this blog so they could follow if they wanted to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment